Apple Pay is a wonderful payment method for dining out. It’s faster than a credit card, safer than cash, and it works with most Apple devices.
But if you’re not sure which restaurants accept Apple Pay, you could find yourself stuck without cash or credit cards and unable to pay your bill.
To help you avoid that, we went ahead and compiled this list of restaurants that accept Apple Pay. We researched and verified with official sources so you don’t have to.
Use this guide to find new places to eat, or just double-check if your favorite restaurant accepts it. Let’s dig in!
How to Know If a Business Accepts Apple Pay
Most businesses will display their accepted payment methods in the shop itself and online. Here’s how to check if a business accepts Apple Pay:
Look for the Apple Pay decal
Most businesses that accept Apple Pay put a little decal in their window or at their registers, letting customers know they can use Apple Pay.
Look for this decal on the shop window or near the cash register.
Google the business to see if they accept Apple Pay
If you don’t see an Apple Pay decal in a store window, then search for their website online, or look them up on Yelp or Google Maps to see if they support Apple Pay.
Many retailers list whether they accept it on their websites as well as on Yelp, TripAdvisor, and other local listing sites.
Look them up on Apple Maps
Open up Apple Maps on your iPhone and look up the store in question.
If it supports Apple Pay, then it’ll say so under the “Useful to know” section of its information page in Maps.
Restaurants Where You Can Pay Using Apple Pay
You can use Apple Pay for dine-in, take out, and drive-thru orders at the following restaurants:
- Auntie Anne’s
- Dave and Busters
- Blaze Pizza
- Burger King
- Corner Bakery
- Dunkin’ Donuts
- Jack In The Box
- Panda Express
- California Pizza Kitchen
- El Pollo Loco
- Krispy Kreme
- Five Guys
- IN-N-Out Burger
- Chuck E. Cheese
- Papa John’s
- Waffle House
- Noodles & Company
- Olive Garden
- Taco Bell
- Golden Corral
- Jamba Juice
- Little Caesars
- Jimmy John’s
- Outback Steakhouse
- Panera Bread
- TGI Friday’s
- Shake Shack
- Pizza Hut
- Tim Hortons
- White Castle
- Yard House
How To Use Apple Pay to Pay at a Restaurant?
You can use either your iPhone or your Apple Watch to settle your restaurant bill using Apple Pay. Here’s a breakdown of each method:
How to Use Apple Pay at a Restaurant with iPhone Face ID
- Launch the Wallet app on iPhone with Face ID from the home screen or from spotlight search.
- Select the card you wish to pay with (default card will be automatically selected) for payment.
- Confirm the amount and click the side button twice to authorize.
- Hold your iPhone near the contactless reader and wait for the word “Done” and a checkmark to appear on the display of your iPhone.
How to Use Apple Pay at a Restaurant with iPhone Touch ID
- Open Apple Pay by holding your iPhone near the contactless reader with your finger on Touch ID.
- Select the default card you want to pay with or choose a different card by tapping it on Wallet.
- Place your finger on Touch ID to authorize the payment when asked.
- Wait for the word Done and a checkmark on your device’s display. This lets you know that payment information was sent successfully.
How to Use Apple Pay at a Restaurant with Your Apple Watch
- Click the side button of your Apple Watch twice when it’s time to pay for your meal.
- Select your default card from the list of cards that appear on your watch’s display.
- Hold the display of your Apple Watch near the contactless reader.
- Wait for the vibration and beep to confirm payment was successful.
Other stores that accept Apple Pay
Apple Pay is accepted at over two million stores across the world, including some of your favorites, as seen below:
Delivery Services That Accept Apple Pay Payment
These are some popular food apps that accept Apple Pay:
- Uber Eats
Grocery stores and drugstores that accept Apple Pay
It’s a breeze paying for groceries when you use Apple Pay at the following places:
- Shop ‘n Save
- Rite Aid
- Save Mart Supermarkets
- Trader Joe’s
- Sprouts Farmers Market
- Whole Foods Market
Gas stations that accept Apple Pay
Fill up with gas at a station that accepts Apple Pay:
- Chevron Extra Mile
Entertainment and travel businesses that accept Apple Pay
Apple Pay is accepted at major movie chains, entertainment venues, and travel companies, such as:
- Walt Disney World
- Renaissance Hotels
- Carmike Cinemas
- Regal Cinemas
- Golden State Warriors
- Phoenix Suns
US Retail Stores That Accept Apple Pay
Here’s a list of retailers that accept Apple Pay at the time of writing:
- Apple Store
- BJ’s Wholesale Club
- Champs Sports
- Disney Store
- Crate and Barrel
- Foot Locker
- Office Depot
- Toys “R” Us
- Ulta Beauty
- Ace Hardware
- Family Dollar
Popular Businesses That DON’T Accept Apple Pay
Unfortunately, you can’t use Apple Pay for your purchases from the following stores:
- Home Depot
- Sam’s Club
Is Your Device Compatible with Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is compatible with any device that has an NFC chip and runs iOS 8.1 or later.
For Apple Pay to work, you need an iPhone 6 or newer, an Apple Watch, or a MacBook Pro with Touch ID. You also need to be running iOS 8 or later on your iPhone or iPad.
You also need an iCloud account and at least one credit or debit card in the Wallet app on your device.
It’s important to note that Apple Pay is not supported by devices prior to the iPhone 6, even if they’re running iOS 8.1 or a later version of iOS; the iPhone 5S and older, for example, aren’t supported at all.
Check if your device is compatible with Apple Pay.
How to Set Up Apple Pay on Your iOS Device
For those who haven’t yet set up Apple Pay on any device, you can use either your iPhone or your Apple Watch to get started. Here’s how:
On a compatible iPhone:
- Open Wallet and tap “Add Credit or Debit Card.”
- Use the camera to capture your card information or enter it manually. (You can also select a card from a list of recent purchases.)
- Enter the security code for your credit or debit card.
On an Apple Watch:
- Open the Wallet app on your Apple Watch.
- Tap “Add Credit or Debit Card.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions and confirm.
Depending on your bank or card, you may need to add more information, verify your card, or download an app before they approve the use of Apple Pay on your card.
You can link most debit, prepaid, and credit cards to Apple Pay.
Can you use Apple Pay without the Internet?
Yes, Apple Pay works with or without an Internet connection. If your device is connected to the Internet, it will send your payment information directly to the merchant.
If not, it will send your payment information to your credit card company through NFC technology.
Wrapping It Up
We hope this article helps you make the most of Apple Pay!
But if your favorite restaurants or shops aren’t on the list, don’t be discouraged—the list just scratches the surface.
More and more companies are adding Apple Pay to their payment methods, and it’s only a matter of time before your go-to places hop on board.