Do you need to cash your check? You’ve probably heard about Cash App or you may have a Cash App account already.
Can you use it to cash your check?
The quick answer is yes. Cash App is one of the financial platforms that offer mobile check cashing. However, this feature is not yet available for all users.
We researched and looked at official sources on how to cash checks via Cash App. We’ve also reviewed the experience of others who’ve tried the app.
Keep reading to know the process of cashing your check through a mobile app. This way, you can get your money fast. Avoid wasting time with other check cashing methods that take longer to process your money.
What is Cash App?
Cash App offers money transfer services via a mobile platform. It was founded in 2013 and has been a widely used payment service since then.
It’s available for Android and iOS users.
To use Cash App to transfer money using a mobile device, you need to link an active bank account first. You can also request a Visa Debit Card for store purchases, ATM withdrawals, and even tax payments.
You can add cash, send and receive money, withdraw, invest, and deposit paychecks via the mobile app.
So what are the steps to create your account?
- Download the iOS or Android app on your device.
- Create a Cash App account by entering your phone number and email address.
- Enter the secret code from Cash App from your phone or email to ensure that you’re the one making the account.
- Link your bank account information to the Cash App.
- Select a unique username called $Cashtag and use this to receive or send money.
- Type your zip code to start using the platform.
How to Deposit a Check on Cash App?
If you have a check that you need to cash out, you can use Cash App for that.
Here’s a step-by-step guide in scanning and depositing a check via the Cash App.
- Click your Balance, located on the top left corner of the app.
- Scroll down and look for the option to deposit a check. However, if you don’t see this button, it means that your Cash App doesn’t offer the feature yet.
- After clicking the deposit check option, enter the amount of the check you’d like to transfer to your account.
- The Chase App will then request a photo of your check’s front and back. One thing to note: Write “for deposit only” below your signature. It prevents cashing the check to an account other than yours.
If your app doesn’t have this feature, try contacting Cash App through the following channels:
- Online Support
- Call 1 (800) 969-1940.
- Click Cash App Support via the mobile app.
How Do You Activate a Government Check on Cash App?
To start receiving benefits from the government through the Cash App, you need to set up a direct deposit and request a Cash Card. This way, it can process scanned check deposits via the Cash App.
Follow these steps to activate government checks.
- Go to the Cash App home screen, then click the Banking tab.
- Choose Direct Deposit.
- Tap Get Direct Deposit Form button.
- Input the employer or benefits provider’s information and the expected amount.
- Sign the document.
- Tap Email Form, type the recipient’s email address, then send.
After sending the form, send a follow-up message to the particular government agency to know when to expect your money.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Cash App?
Below are the top three benefits of this payment service.
- Quickly deposit checks without going to the bank
Since you can deposit a paper check on Cash App, there’s no need to wait for the banker to clear your check. You can just take a photo of your check then wait for it to reflect on your account.
- Quickly send and receive payments
First, open the app on your device. Then input the recipient’s name and the correct amount. After confirming your transfer, Cash App sends the money.
You also have the option for a free transfer by agreeing that the fund will be sent in one to three business days.
- Invest in stocks and cryptocurrencies
Cash App also allows investments. You can even invest in stocks without commission fees.
Do you want to buy and sell Bitcoin? Cash App also offers that feature. If you’re going to invest in crypto markets, note that it has a current fee of 1.76%.
Are There Fees for Depositing a Check Using Cash App?
Cash App doesn’t charge for mobile check deposits, so it’s a great way to save money from transaction fees. You can get the total amount of your check.
What Are the Alternatives to Cash App?
Where can you cash a check if you don’t have a Cash App? Visit these three alternatives to Cash App. All of them offer readily downloadable apps with a user-friendly interface.
NetSpend offers early direct deposit with no minimum balance required.
- Download the Netspend Mobile App on your device.
- Choose Mobile Check Load from the menu.
- Provide information about your check and require photos.
Paypal Cash a Check also provides a quick way for mobile check cashing.
- Download the PayPal app.
- Go to Wallet, then click Cash a Check.
- Capture clear photos of your check.
- Input your preferred method of receiving the money.
Ingo Money App
Ingo Money App offers a convenient mobile check deposit.
- Download the app.
- Sign in and link your bank account.
- Click Cash a Check.
- Choose when and where you want your money.
- Submit pictures of your check for review.
Should You Download Cash App?
Currently, only some Cash App users can access the mobile check cashing feature. But it doesn’t mean that you’ll not be allowed to use it. There are various ways to possibly access the said feature.
If you can’t find it on your app, you can contact Cash App Support through the website, app, or phone.
Try downloading Cash App if you’re looking for a reliable payment service used by millions. It offers a quick method to transfer funds and receive payments, salaries, or benefits. Lastly, the fintech platform provides a safe way to save and invest your hard-earned cash.