Did you recently apply for a Barclays credit card?
Barclays credit cards are actually easy to get, but the waiting game after submitting your application can feel like an eternity. This is why it’s essential to know how to check the progress of the application process and decide on your next steps based on its status.
Not knowing the status might also mean a missed chance to apply for reconsideration, should your initial application be denied.
To lessen your anxiety and ease you into the process better, here’s an accurate guide on checking your Barclays credit card application status, gathered from official and non-official sources. Let’s start!
How To Check Barclays Credit Card Application Status
There are two easy ways to check your application status: online or through call. Here’s a quick rundown:
Step 1: Visit Barclays’ application status checker.
Step 2: Enter the following details you have also used during the application:
- Your last name
- ZIP Code
- E-mail address
- The last four digits of your Social Security Number
Once you’ve filled out the blanks, you can now view your application’s latest status, up to 90 days since you’ve submitted your application.
Step 1: Prepare the details of your application.
Step 2: Call these phone numbers: +1-877-523-0478 or +1-888-232-0780.
Step 3: Listen to the voice prompt directing you to check on an application.
Step 4: Provide the basic details needed, including:
- Contact Details
- Residence for the last five years
Note: You’ll be speaking to a pre-recorded voice, but you should be able to speak to a customer service representative if necessary.
If you feel like your application is already taking too long, try Barclays credit card reconsideration line at 1-866-408-4064. It can help you speed up the process or learn why your application was rejected.
For personal cards, you may call +1-866-408-4064 or +1-800-308-6008 every day from 8 a.m. to midnight EST.
For business cards, you may call +1-866-710-2688 every day from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST.
What Barclays Credit Cards Can You Check Your Application Status For?
You can check the application status for the following Barclays credit cards:
- AAdvantage® Aviator® Real World Elite Mastercard®
- Barnes & Noble Mastercard®
- Choice Privileges® Visa Signature® Card
- Carnival® World Mastercard®
- Emirates Skywards Premium World Elite Mastercard®
- Emirates Skywards Rewards World Elite Mastercard®
- Holland America Line Rewards Visa® Card
- Hawaiian Airlines® World Elite Mastercard®
- FRONTIER Airlines World Mastercard®
- Hawaiian Airlines® World Elite Mastercard®
- JetBlue Business Card
- JetBlue Card
- JetBlue Plus Card
- Lufthansa Miles & More® World Elite Mastercard®
- Priceline VIP Rewards™ Visa® Card
- Princess Cruises® Rewards Visa® Card
- RCI® Elite Rewards® Mastercard®
- The AARP® Travel Rewards Mastercard® from Barclays
- The AARP® Essential Rewards Mastercard® from Barclays
- Upromise® Mastercard®
- Wyndham Rewards Earner® Card
- Wyndham Rewards Earner® Plus Card
- Wyndham Rewards Earner® Business Card
Why Did Your Barclays Credit Card Application Go Pending?
Applications for Barclays credit cards take days due to the extensive credit score and profitability review process.
For this reason, expect your application to remain in the pending status. The best thing you can do is simply wait for the results.
What Does Application Status: “Denied” Mean?
There can be various reasons why your application was denied. Here are some of them:
- Debt-to-income ratio, which should be less than 26%
- Violation of Barclays credit card rules
- Number of new accounts
If you’d like to appeal your application, you can call their reconsideration line at 1-866-408-4064.
However, denied applications can also mean being offered alternative Barclay products. Make sure to contact their hotline to learn more.
What Does Application Status: “Approved” Mean?
Approval is the last step of the application process. Once this is done, all you’ll have to do is wait for your credit card to arrive.
Take note that this usually takes up to 10 working days. You can expect Barclays to notify you about your credit card delivery status.
How Long Does Barclays Approval Take?
Most applications are approved instantly. In other cases, it can take 7 to 14 days for Barclays to contact you once more to ask for further information or additional requirements.
After providing the necessary details, like other Barclays credit cards you may have, processing the application can take up to 10 more working days.
Can You Check For Credit Limit Increase Approval?
Barclays doesn’t offer online credit limit increases just yet, but you can speak to a credit analyst directly. The credit analyst can give you the status, but keep in mind that this is subject to identity verification.
For personal cards, call +1-866-408-4064. For business cards, call +1-866-710-2688.
What Should You Know About Your Barclays Card Approval Odds?
To check your chances of being approved for a Barclays credit card, you can use their eligibility checker. It’s accessible, user-friendly, and will not affect your credit score.
On the page, you can check which card you’re interested in, select “check eligibility,” and learn about the odds of your application.
Here are some tips to increase your chances of getting approved:
- Make sure that you have a credit score of 700 or higher.
- Use the eligibility checker first. Denial of a former credit can negatively affect your credit rating, especially since credit pulls play a big role in your overall credit report.
- If you already have a Barclays card, use it frequently.
- Do not apply for credit cards under multiple banks at once.
Credit pulls are relevant factors that affect application approval. For Barclays credit cards, it will be helpful to focus on TransUnion, since Barclays almost exclusively works with them.
It’s also helpful to note that an improved credit score from one bureau will also reflect on another. However, it’s easier to focus on one than multiple bureaus.
It can be frustrating to wait for your credit card application status, but why wait for updates when you can check your Barclays credit card application status in an instant?
Thanks to Barclays’ customer service lines, it’s possible to expedite the application process. This is just a simple step so you can finally enjoy the perks of having a Barclays credit card. As you wait for the results, make sure to keep this guide in mind!